“Art de Table”
Project Sofitel Proposal
Five “designer” tables displayed in the four Sofitel restaurants and the Sofitel lobby. Each table highlights a unique part of Cambodian culture and style.
- Historical – Fabric, furniture, ceramics, etc. that exude the opulence, detail and techniques from the golden age of Angkor – Le Coupole Restaurant
- Rural/Rustic – Earthenware, agriculture tools, raw silk, hill tribe prints. Tribal influences laced with primitive rituals and customs. – Fu Lu Zu Restaurant
- Contemporary/Modern – Glass, metal, plastic, graffiti, abstracts, faceted, gold and silver. Clean surfaces and contrasting patterns. – Do Forni Restaurant
- Natural/Organic – Bamboo, buffalo horn, tigers eye, shells, grasses. The beauty of asymmetry and randomness. –Hachi Restaurant
- Lobby Entrance: Introduction Display in several languages
Each table will be displayed in the entrance of each restaurant and the front lobby. Along with the display,viewable catalogs featuring participating artists will be available to make purchasesor to request custom commissions.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Jean Morel- 011 773 119, Madeleine de Langalerie- 012 294 284, Matthew Tito Cuenca- email@example.com
“Art de Table”
Location: Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, 26 Old August Site Sothearos Blvd., Sangkat Tonle Bassac
Restaurant Fu Lu Zu & Restaurant Do Forni
Opening Reception: Monday, November 12th 6:00pm
Show Dates: November 12th to November 30th 2012
“Art de Table” :
Food and art have been intertwined since the beginning of time. The ability to stimulate all five senses (sight, smell, sound, touch and taste) during one experience is an orchestration of art on multiple levels.
ReCreation, the art consultancy and management company, has teamed up again with Sofitel to stimulate the masses by pairing up twelve Cambodia-based artists and designers to produce two original tablescapes displayed alongside two inspired set menus expertly prepared by Fu Lu Zu’s Head Chef Huang Shui Qiang and Do Forni’s Head Chef Manuelo Pintore.
Join the designers of Khmer Artisan Project, Artisans Associations of Cambodia, Khmer Silk Village, Esprit Libre, and artists Annya Ly, Oum Maknorith, Ly Pisith, Ke Vicheth, Sok Chan, Alain Robotang, Theam, Peap Tarr and Lisa Mam Monday, November 12th at 6:oopm at Le bar in Sofitel’s lobby, to celebrate the opening of “Art de Table.” View the art, taste the food, and indulge your senses.
Do Forni:Italian-Khmer fusion menu is priced at $36 per person without beverages (3-course)
Fu Lu Zu:Chinese-Khmer fusion menu is priced at $18 per person without beverages (7-course, minimum of 2 pax).
From 12th November to 30th November
Reservation: 023 999 200 or H6526-FB3@Sofitel.com