folder_open Dans charity
ReCreation Art Agency, Phnom Penh is pleased to welcome the return of Lionel Gosset, Director of Collections CHRISTIE’S Paris, as the auctioneer at the 2014 Charity Art Auction to be held at Raffles Hotel Le Royal on Saturday and Sunday, 29 & 30 March 2014. (To learn more about Raffles visit: www.raffles.com/phnom-penh/)
The auction will feature the works of 38 Cambodian and International Artists with 47 lots for bid. (To discover more about the artists explore the link above, and if you want to learn about bidding at an auction download the “How to” form.)
The weekend will also feature a dance performance by Amrita Performing Arts. (To learn more about Amrita, visit amritaperformingarts.org)
100% of the money raised at the charity auction will be donated to two beneficiaries: Cambodia 2000 arts charity and, Amrita Performing Arts
Raffles Hotel Le Royal
$10 Adult or $4 Student/Child, “Combination” Ticket to Charity Auction & Amrita Royal Performance. Available on the day of the events, or in advance beginning March 24 at the following locations: Amrita office: 128-G9 Sothearos; Kwest on riverfront; l’Institut Français gift shop; Raffles Hotel Le Royal gift shop; and, Mango on Sihanouk.
(All proceeds of the Amrita Royal Performance ticket sales will be donated to Amrita.)
The energy level at the auction may be high, anyone causing disruptive behavior will be asked to leave.
ITEMS FOR SALE:
$10.00 Glossy auction catalogue – limited quantities are available in advance and at the auction.
AUCTION PADDLE REGISTRATION:
In order to bid at the auction, you must register for an auction paddle. Paddle Registration forms can be downloaded from the link above beginning Monday, 24 March, or complete a form on the day of the event. Please arrive early to complete the form. To register you will need to show your passport, national ID card, or other government issued identification.
Art purchased at the auction must be paid for immediately. Payment may be made by cash, or credit card. Credit card payment will be subject to credit card transaction fees. (Sorry, we tried to explain to the credit card companies that this is a charity event – but they wouldn’t relent).
DATE: 29 MARCH
- 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm – PUBLIC VIEWING of the artwork for bid in the Empress Room of Raffles Hotel. CASH BAR will be available
- 7:00 pm – ART INSPIRED DINNER & FASHION SHOW. A delicious 5-course menu. Price: $70 (food only), or $120 (inclusive of wine pairing). To learn more, or to make reservations, contact Tel: 023-981-888 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE: 30 MARCH
- 9:00 am – 3:00 pm – PUBLIC VIEWING of the artwork for bid in the Empress room of Raffles Hotel. Artists will be in attendance to answer questions. CASH BAR will be available.
- 12 noon – 3:00 pm – ART THEMED BRUNCH at Raffles Hotel. Price $55 (with Personality Cocktail) / $75 (Personality Cocktail and Signature wine) / $85 (Personality Cocktail, Signature wine and Champagne). Reservations required by contacting Tel: 023-981-888 or e-mail: email@example.com
- 11:00 pm – 3:00 pm – AUCTION PADDLE REGISTRATION. To register you will need to show the following document: Passport, National ID card, or other government issued identification.
- 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm – CHARITY AUCTION takes place in the Grand Ballroom second floor of Raffles.
- 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm HIGH TEA BUFFET in Café Monivong, Raffles. Price $15
- 4:30 pm – PAYING & PACKAGING of purchased artwork
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm AMRITA ROYAL PERFORMANCE in the Grand Ballroom second floor of Raffles.
(To learn more about Amrita visit: amritaperformingarts.org)
Raffles hotel Le Royal Phnom Penh
Art Inspired Dinner & Fashion Show 29 March
USD 70 net/ person, USD 120 net with wine pairing
Green onion and thyme infused pacific scallops and shrimps
On cucumber, micro greens, orange segments, drizzled with grain mustard and basil vinaigrette
Jewelry – Sok Chan
Green zucchini and spinach soup
Served with pan-seared foie gras covered with gold leaf and banana flower tempura
Daywear – Can Art
Green apple and lime sherbet
Jewelry – Som Rany
Duo of beef served with risotto cigar, green asparagus
Mushroom sauce and coconut sabayon
Evening Wear – Sok Chandara
Chocolate layer cake
Berry sauce, crystal sugar
Jewelry – Annya Ly
Reservations required by contacting Tel: 023-981-888 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
folder_open Dans charity
The Charity Auction by Chrisrtie’s at the Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra
26 Old August Site
Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Phnom Penh
will take place on March 11 at 3pm.
To attend, you must be registered in advance of the sale. Pre registration forms for the event are available at “No Problem” Mansion, #55 Street 178, across from the National Museum.